CALL FOR PAPERS GUIDELINES
Welcome to the online submission area, we thank you for your interest in publishing your work at CLIMA 2019.
This section of the website was created in order to help you submit your papers. The following guidelines apply to ALL submissions.
NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES MAY DISQUALIFY YOUR SUBMISSION FROM REVIEW.
PREPARING THE FILE:
- Abstract - For the abstract submission please use the text form below - a maximum of 2500 characters should be considered. The tables, graphs, and pictures associated with your abstract can be uploaded using the upload forms - a maximum of 4 objects are accepted.
- Full paper/ Poster - Before submitting, consult the guidelines below and have your full paper/poster ready to upload as a single document. All online submissions must be only in pdf format . All tables, graphs, and pictures associated with your full paper/poster must be included with the main text in a single document.
AUTHOR IDENTIFICATION: Names, emails, institutions etc. must be removed for blind reviews of submissions. Before uploading your full paper/poster, remove all author identification from the document including any file properties. (For example, in MS Word, in the “File” menu, select “Properties,” delete any identifying information, click “OK,” and save the document). After the acceptance mail you are kindly asked to resend your full paper/poster with all the identification infos.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Title, author(s) and other information (e.g., student authorship, special requests) must be entered online when you submit your abstract, paper, or poster. To begin the submission process select the topic of your work, enter all required information AND follow the instructions to upload your document. You must upload the full-paper using the EasyChair platform in order to complete the submission process.
PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND SUBMISSION PROCESS (text revised) Please read carefully !!!
- Authors will prepare an abstract of maximum 2500 characters and submit it until November 30th, 2018 (NEW !).
- The members of the CLIMA 2019 Scientific Committee will evaluate the abstract submission and the authors will be informed by e-mail about the acceptance results. If your abstract is accepted, you will receive an ID numeric code needed later, when you will upload your full-paper.
- After receiving the acceptance email for the abstract, the authors will prepare a full-paper (6-8 pages) according to the template uploaded on CLIMA 2019 website (HERE). It is a condition of publication that all papers must be written in clear and grammatically correct English. Selected papers will be proposed for publishing in Journals/Proceedings Collections indexed Web of Science/Scopus. Also, a selection of around best 100 papers, in their extended version, will be submitted to 4 journals (Building and Environment, Journal of Building Performance Simulation-IBPSA, Science and Technology for the Built Environment-ASHRAE, Building Services Engineering Research and Technology-CIBSE).
- After receiving the acceptance email for the ”poster” abstract, the authors will prepare a ”poster” full-paper (2-4 pages) according to the same template uploaded on CLIMA 2019 website (HERE). If the full-paper for poster is accepted, the authors can submit their final poster according to the template uploaded on CLIMA website.
- Corresponding authors will log into their EasyChair account to upload the full-paper no later than 31st of December 2018 (NEW !). The uploaded version of the full-paper shall be without identification infos (authors names, institution, country etc.).
- At least two reviewers will evaluate the full-paper (standard presentation/poster) in a blind-peer review process using EasyChair platform. Authors will be informed by e-mail about the acceptance results. After receiving the acceptance final e-mail, authors are kindly asked to resend their final full paper/poster with all the identification infos.
- Corresponding authors with accepted full-papers will need to register at the congress, as their article will be published only if at least one of the authors is fully registered (all 3 days) for the congress. Please notice that each additional accepted full-paper exceeding a maximum of 2 accepted papers which are included in the 3 days registration fee, will be extra charged if the first and second authors in the author list are the same or more than 50% of the author group is the same.
- Each congress participant must use one and only one e-mail address for all submissions.
- A poster presentation is a paper you would like considered for presentation at an interactive poster session. Some research lends itself well to this style of presentation. If your poster presentation is accepted, you will be expected to prepare a poster display of your research for presentation at the congress. Your presentation may be accepted as a poster display even though you submitted for a paper session. If your submission is accepted as a poster, you will be expected to prepare a poster display of your research for presentation at the congress. Poster sessions have plenary status at CLIMA congress.
- After the succeded submission of your abstract you will receive on your e-mail an IDENTIFICATION CODE that you will need later on, so you are kindly asked to save this e-mail. Please check also your Spam box, mark the e-mail as "not spam" and save it.
- Before continuing please read the PUBLICATION POLICY below and COPYRIGHT Rules. By submitting your abstract/poster/full paper, it will be considered that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of our PUBLICATION POLICY and COPYRIGHT Rules.
USEFUL INFO FOR AUTHORS
- Submission of your paper or proposal does NOT automatically register you for the congress itself. If your paper or proposal is accepted for presentation at the CLIMA 2019 Congress, you will be notified until mid-December 2018 and must then fully register (all 3 days) for the congress and pay the conference fee. Online registration for the CLIMA 2019 Congress will be available by December 2018. Everyone planning to attend the congress must complete the registration process. If your paper, or poster presentation is accepted for CLIMA 2019 Congress, you have a commitment to register for and attend the congress and perform your assigned role. All chairs and respondents also make this commitment. If extenuating circumstances prevent you from attending, you should find a substitute to perform your duties and notify the Organizers.
- Changing title or abstract: Up until the abstracts submission deadline you may send an e-mail at email@example.com, containing the identification code that you received when you have submitted your abstract, with the demand of changes you would like to do, respecting the guidelines mentioned above.
- Changing content of the full paper/poster: You can change a full paper/poster, by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the identification code that you received when you have submitted your abstract, with the new replacing pdf file. To protect yourself from self-plagiarism, please note the Organizers, using the identification code, if you have submitted your paper to another conference or publication that has the possibility of being accepted prior to CLIMA 2019’s conference acceptance.
- Changing topic: If you need to change the TOPIC for your submission, you must e-mail your request to the Organizers, using the identification code that you received when you have submitted your abstract, who can transfer your submission to a different TOPIC. In order to ease the work of the Scientific Committee and Reviewers please change the topic if needed as described above in maximum 2 days after abstract submission.
We at CLIMA, aspire to select research paper, through highest quality peer review. To achieve this, the entire peer review and publication process must be thorough, objective, and fair. Almost every aspect of this process involves important ethical principles and decisions, which are seldom explicitly stated and even less often shared with the readership. Journal's reputations depend on the trust of readers, authors, researchers, reviewers, editors, research subjects, funding agencies, and administrators of public health policy. This trust is enhanced by describing as explicitly as possible the journal's policies to ensure the ethical treatment of all participants in the publication process. We have following Publications Guidelines. Publications should strictly seek original work that has not been previously published or currently not under review at another journal/conference.
Good research should be well justified, well planned, and appropriately designed, so that it can properly address the research question. Paper should publish based on the copyright that constitutes authorship. All authors are responsible for the quality, accuracy, and ethics of the work. Republication of a paper in another language, or simultaneously in multiple journals with different audiences, may be acceptable, provided that there is full and prominent disclosure of its original source at the time of submission of the manuscript.
- Peer review is fundamental to the scientific publication process and the dissemination of knowledge and information.
- Peer reviewers should be experts in the specific topic addressed in the articles they review, and should be selected for their objectivity and scientific knowledge.
- All reviewers should be informed of the publication’s expectations.
- Reviews will be expected to be professional, honest, courteous, prompt, and constructive.
- The editors may routinely assess all reviews for quality; they may also edit reviews before sending them to authors.
- The submitted manuscript is a privileged communication; reviewers must treat it as confidential. It should not be retained or copied.
- Also, reviewers must not share the manuscript with any colleagues without the explicit permission of the editor.
Editorial Decisions should be precise. If a published paper is subsequently found to have errors or major flaws, the Editor should take responsibility for promptly correcting the written record in the publication. Quality and other performance characteristics of editors should be periodically assessed.
Plagiarism is the use of other's published and unpublished ideas or words (or other intellectual property) without attribution or permission, and presenting them as new and original rather than derived from an existing source. At CLIMA, we strongly discourage and are against this ruthless act. If found guilty, to any extent, CLIMA will fight for Plagiarism. Self-plagiarism refers to the practice of an author using portions of their previous writings on the same topic in another of their publications, without specifically citing it formally in quotes.
CLIMA has a clear policy on handling concerns or allegations about misconduct, which can arise regarding authors, reviewers, editors, and others. Publications do not have the resources or authority to conduct a formal judicial inquiry or arrive at a formal conclusion regarding misconduct. That process is the role of the individual's employer, university, granting agency, or regulatory body. However, journals/congress proceedings published/sponsored/organized by CLIMA, do have a responsibility to help protect the integrity of the public scientific record by sharing reasonable concerns with authorities who can conduct such an investigation.
Advertisers and donors should have no control over editorial material under any circumstances. Commercial advertisements should not be placed adjacent to any editorial matter that discusses the product being advertised, nor adjacent to any article reporting research on the advertised product.
Allegations of Possible Misconduct
- Falsification of data.
- Improprieties of authorship.
- Misappropriation of the ideas of others.
- Violation of generally accepted research practices.
- Material failure to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements affecting research.
- Inappropriate behavior in relation to misconduct.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
The target of CLIMA 2019 is to get a far better attention among the academics and students besides exposure to the professionals attending this congress.
As Diamond Sponsor of CLIMA 2019, Daikin introduced a Daikin Award for papers expected to be presented at the poster session during REHVA congress and addressing specific fields of interest for Daikin. If you like to be involved in the competition, please select POSTER PRESENTATION & DAIKIN AWARD COMPETITION indicating that you are willing to challenge for the Daikin Award.
As such Daikin is looking to invite for papers amongst (PhD) students based on subjects provided by Daikin. Prior to the event, papers assigned to poster presentation session will be nominated for the Daikin award and presentations will be held in a workshop organized by Daikin including a jury to select the final price winner. The presentations will be mixed with short Daikin presentations on subjects of interest to the (academic) stakeholders.
The selection criteria will be an outcome from discussion among ERC and TIC to give guidance to future Daikin developments.
A special team of reviewers (experts in Daikin and also external reviewers) will make a selection of 8 nominated papers. The 8 nominations will be requested to present the paper (15 minutes each) for a special jury during CLIMA 2019. The jury will select the final winner.
The jury is composed by:
• Bart Aspeslagh
• Olivier Luminati
• Stefan Vandaele
• Pietro Consalvo
The winner of the Daikin Award will get a free course at the Daikin Academy in Japan, including full coverage of travel expenses. The course at the Academy can focus on Managerial skills, Daikin Technologies, Negotiation skills etc.
Daikin award –focus on IAQ
The papers applying for the Daikin award have to focus on the indoor air quality IAQ (and not on indoor environmental quality IEQ addressing other issues as well like sound and light) while using heating and cooling generation on site/nearby (for definition see ISO52000 - Overarching standard). The papers have to exclude systems using district heating and cooling but using renewables (generated on site/nearby). Papers will apply as well on monitoring and/or evaluating IAQ in buildings and nZEB in particular.
DAIKIN relevant topics for call for papers
Out of CLIMA 2019 topics and subtopics, the following are the most relevant, although authors may assign to another subtopic (as long as the focus is on IAQ as described above, the paper may apply for the prize):
1. Modern HVAC technology and Indoor Environment Quality
a) HVAC in residential and non-residential buildings
b) Quality of the building use
c) Other building services system
2. High Energy Performance and Sustainable Buildings
a) Energy Efficient Renovation of existing buildings
b) Future and Emerging Technologies (FET)
3. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the Intelligent Building Management
a) Indoor Environment control with advanced BMS solutions
4. Sustainable Urbanization and Energy System Integration
a) Health, demographic change and Wellbeing