Price for non-students 75 Eur.
Price for students 35 Eur (based on a proof of a student card).
Please check HERE for registration.
hybridGEOTABS refers to the integration of geothermal heat pumps in combination with Thermally Activated Building Systems (GEOTABS) with secondary heating and cooling systems. Optimum energy management in these hybrid installations requires a model predictive control (MPC) which decides between different production sources and distribution systems. This course deals with some specific components of hybridGEOTABS (hG) installations, presenting them in the context of the necessary holistic design:
- optimized design of borehole fields,
- optimized design of geothermal heat pumps, in relation with hG primary and secondary systems,
- optimized design of TABS
- system management with model predictive control algorithms
- Learn the key aspects of borehole design and how to integrate them in a complex HVAC system managed by control algorithms
- Learn the various design options available for heat-pump and how to choose them based on the system requirements
- Learn the key aspects of TABS design and how it relates with complementary distribution systems.
- Get an overview on MPC and its potential in hybridGEOTABS buildings
- Hector Cano, Geoter
- Jan Hoogmartens, Viessmann
- Qian Wang, Uponor/KTH
- Lieve Helsen, KULeuven